Sunday, September 30, 2012

Harajuku: The Most Dangerous Place to Bring Money To

Today was pretty great. I got to video chat with Lauren, Beth, and MoMo for a bit, workout, and go to Harajuku.

Well, you see. I needed basketball shoes for my class and the Nike store just happened to be in Harajuku and I wanted to go before the typhoon hit. lolol.
So, I'm pretty much just going to photo spam you. There's a lot I still want to take pictures of there XD. But a lot of places yell at you for it, so I have to sneak around a little. ^___^'
 Headbands ^___^
 For Carter! Oh, that's my finger. Well, there's a Soccer Shop behind it and I thought of you.
 A shop for little girls. And Lauren.
 Okay, second round of Takeshita Street *ding ding.*
Omg, you guys. These clothes. I was dying.
 Omg, you guys. These shoes. I was dying.
 In the panda section...For Shawn:
 These reminded me of Lauren (Mainly the bottom two purses).
 They're really bags, omgthisplaceyouguys.
 More Alice and Wonderland for Lauren.
I don't know what's going on in this, but I like it.
 NYARMAGEDDON. hahahaha. "Nya" is the sound that Japanese people make for cats instead of "Meow." These reminded me of Beth.
 Goggles, Wigs, Gloomy Bear. Ugh, so much goodness.
 I want this to be my closet. Fluffy skirts with chains, tears, bows. Hoodies with ears, pins, rips, fishnet, patches. You guyssss.
 Creepers plz.
 The more color, the better.
Harajuku has a few hidden shops underground and upstairs. I got to talk with a Japanese dude dressed all cool in here. IN JAPANESE. He was a programmer and I was like omg, I'm having a conversation. He spoke no English at all. I think I probably left awkwardly being like "Okay, bye." in Japanese. haha, whoops ^___^
 More amazing shoes.
 Before I got yelled at for taking pictures.
 Oooo, I spot a Lolita Store. That's gonna be pricey.
And then this happened. Which was cool because we had just watched a video in class about how they make that bird on top. It's an extremely intricate and timely process. O___O APPRECIATE, YOU GUYS.
 This was probably one of the coolest shops. I couldn't take a lot of pictures because I knew I'd get yelled at. It was full of DIY, Original hoodies. Lace, ears, and the works. Really really pricey! But really really good quality stuff. Like if you were a video game character wearing this stuff in battle, it would probably sustain throughout your adventure.
 And the Lolita store upstairs:
Then I found Sex Pot Revenge which I've been shopping from since I was 14ish on Ebay. lolz. The name makes it sound bad, but it's just really very punk-goth. Sadly, they didn't really have any I NEED THIS NOW stuff.
 I decided to walk to Shibuya since it's so close and there was, of course, a street performance going down. These guys were greasers dancing and singing.
 And then these guys from Dragonball Z walking around XD.
 These were iphone cases, Lauren.
 I thought it was funny the Disney store is attached to this huge dark-evil-castle-looking building.
 So I took the wrong train home. I was like "Why haven't we stopped yet?" Yeah, I took the EXTREME Express home, which is the only kind of train that doesn't stop at my stop. lolol, so I had to back track a little bit. Oh well. The Train Workers are really nice and always help. I think I'm going to get to know them by name soon.
And then there's this little guy on my kitchen window. I'd love to let him in to protect him from the storm, but I can't trust a bug I don't know. Right now, the wind gusts are pretty strong and there's some rain mixed in it too. I wonder if we'll have off of school tomorrow. I can't imagine being out there right now. It would probably require goggles and a wet suit and Link's iron boots to keep from being swept away. I hope everyone is safe at home though =[. Lauren would blow away for sure.

Oh yeah, I did buy stuff today. wahahaha. A few presents too, but I want to go back and get more for you guys! Particularly, Lauren and Beth. At least from Harajuku. I think I'd rather show you in a video chat what I got ^___^.

I really love it when you guys comment on my blog. It means a lot and is really encouraging to keep on writing and even encourages me to explore more than I might. If you have any requests of pictures to take or places to go, please let me know! =^.^=

8 comments:

  1. How are you not broke already?? This place is both a dream (for me) and a nightmare (for my wallet). u_______u"

    Thanks so much for all the photos and for taking the risk of getting yelled at! I've heard stories about how crazy it can get with shop workers running all over, chasing people for taking photos. Craziness.

    Hahahaha. Oh my gosh, I love that panda mug. It's perfect for Shawn.

    I felt like I needed that dusty pink clock bag. *____* It's so beautiful! I wonder what the quality is like. You must tell me if you held it then next time we video chat.

    And, whoa, those bags that look like old school books! They look so soft... I want to hold them and take them home with me. They're so beautiful.

    I love seeing all the Alice in Wonderland! I like the vintage art they use on the products. One of those pins would be pretty to put on the clock bag... or book bag.

    Bb, that one pic DOES look like your closet.

    I think I would have gone crazy with happiness in that one store where you got a few pics in before getting yelled at. It's like a soft Lolita style shop. Prettyyyy!

    Don't worry, I took some time to appreciate the efforts that went into that detailed gold bird.

    Ughhhh. All this Lolita stuff... I want it all now. I'd be worried I'd convert to wearing Lolita clothes all the time if I lived in Japan. I'd be in major debt my whole life.

    You saw Ddung iPhone cases! I own one Ddung doll. (She wears a bunny outfit and has pink hair.) They're all so cute. >w<

    Haha, of course I had to laugh when I read you took the one train that didn't stop at your place. =\ At least you eventually found your way back. I'm sure that happens all the time with people who are new to the area.

    Yeah, I wouldn't take in any bug visitors I didn't know either. You never know what they're really like, sadly. I hope he can deal well with the storm on his own.

    *GUSHHHHHHH* (Wind blowing.) "Wait, where'd Lauren go?"

    That sounds like an amazing day. I'm glad you were able to get out on your own so you could take your time browsing through all the shops. I wish I was right there beside you, bb! <3 I feel like I really was after reading your posts. ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I'm going to see if I can teach Momo how to leave comments. She should be able to since she has a Gmail account (even though she never uses it, grrr; stupid Hotmail!). I'll talk with her today about it. ^__~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bb, I'm teaching Momo how to use her Gmail account to leave you comments! So excuse the last comment. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am becoming cool. I love the pictures of all the toys. The clothes are too cute. You would be perfect in them Kathleen, especially the shoes.Stock up on food before the typhoon. I hope they do cancel school for a day if the weather is testy. At least you have the tea, almonds, raisins, and chocolate--lol. Oh, and I love the little bug guy. MoMo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIguM71LQI
    THEY DO EXIST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, it is seriously the hardest place to go and not spend every penny you own. Or yen at least. You would go crazy, I'm sure of it. Come here for your honey moon! ^___^
    THANK YOU FOR APPRECIATING THE BIRD. You are of the few, the proud. Yes.
    I knew that doll was familiar! I wish you had an iphone 'cause I really wanted to pick it up for you.
    That train ride was so scary. Well, sort of. I was thinking Omigosh, it's raining and what if I'm stuck on here with the typhoon. And then I wondered how long the ride would actually be since the train wasn't stopping. Luckily, it was only like 15-20 minutes.
    Thank you again for teaching MoMo! We have to get her a pretty picture now.

    BETH. I GOT YOU PRESENTS.

    MoMo, I'm so happy you have an account XD And that you liked the pictures! I still want to take more. I stocked up on foodies. And it's good to do just in case there's another one or something else. I will send Mr. Bug to you.

    Grant,
    WUT. They've added two girls to their group since then!

    ReplyDelete